OUR GOALS - OVERVIEW
HECUBA Foundation is a non-governmental and non-profit organization founded in 2004.
- To improve the quality of the social services provided by our foundation;
- To establish and develop partnerships and cooperation relations with other NGO’s and institutions;
- To identify new funding opportunities to sustain and develop the social services provided.
The specific goals were established in accordance with the organization policies and the strategic plan for 2011-1015.
I. HECUBA DAY CENTER FOR MOTHER AND CHILD
To ensure proper care of children, in compliance with minimal quality standards stipulated by the Romanian legislation. This goal aims to:
- Offer specialized care and supervision of children between 9 months and 3 years by the qualified and competent personnel;
- Stimulate the children in care for reaching their age-appropriate development level, and develop their life and hygiene skills;
- Ensure proper nourishment and daily resting program needed for an adequate child’s development.
To ensure a good integration of the children in the school, through:
- On-going evaluation of the psycho-cognitive development of every child, made by the specialized personnel;
- Implementing socio-educational activities in accordance with the preschool curricula approved by the National Education Ministry, aimed to develop learning skills, distributive attention, ability to pay attention, memory, social and communication abilities, and to acquire rules and norms of social conduct.
II. REZIDENTIAL CENTER FOR MOTHERS AND CHILDREN IN DIFFICULTY
The specific intervention goals are differently established, according to each beneficiary’s specific situation of difficulty.
For the good of the families:
- To prevent family breakdown
- To improve and develop the child-mother relation
- To develop organized life skills for family members
- To mobilize personal resources for a life independent of the social services and benefits
For the good of the mothers:
- To build future objectives for a better socio-professional insertion
- To acquire adequate social networking skills
- To gain financial independence
- To develop solidarity and mutual help with other women in similar conditions
- To learn and develop household skills
For the good of the children:
- To prevent dropping-out of school
- To improve the effects of the emotional and behavioral disorders
- To develop proper social skills and behavior
- To develop age-appropriate life skills